Kansas City Savior Premiere Night Reflection

1. What did you do for the feature film?

a. What was the production role? 

I was the supervising editor for the film. I was in charge of editing, delegating work to other editors, and making sure the entire movie was edited well without any mistakes.

b. What were some challenges you faced? 

It was my first time working with such a large project, and I had some issues with organization and knowing how to properly delegate to the other editors.

c. What did you learn along the way? 

I learned a lot. My technical skills, along with leadership and teamwork skills, have grown tremendously. I became much more adept in Adobe Premiere and started learning how to work in after effects. I also learned how to edit large scenes, instead of just short films or PSAs.

d. What was some feedback you were given? 

I was given a lot of positive feedback, although I was also told that I needed to get better at spreading out work so that it wasn't all on me to get things done.

e. What did you change? 

While working with the directors and Mrs. Smith, I had to change a lot of little things involving the movie. Having a group of people giving me direction with my work was a big relief most of the time.

f. What is your overall opinion of your work for the film? 
How did your
work make an impact?
I am very happy and relieved to have it done. I definitely think that the editing towards the end of the film was better, which is probably because those scenes were edited most recently. I'm happy with most of the editing, though there is a lot I would improve upon if I had the chance.

2. How did you use your time in crafting the Kansas City Savior?

a. How have you used your time in class? 

Every day was spent working. I had little to no time to do anything else, as I always had something to do or supervise.

b. How did you stay productive in the times that you finished early or
thought you 
were done?
That really never happened, though if it did I would probably spend that time writing my own short film.

c. What do you do outside of class to enhance your work as a e-
Communication student or to better your projects? 

I watch a lot of movies and videos to increase my knowledge and get inspiration.

3.What are your areas of strength as an employee or e-Communication student?
a. How do you maximize your strengths?
I work hard and will spend as much time as possible working and perfecting something. I have no problems with working before, after, and during school. I tend to get bothered by little mistakes a lot, so I will spend a lot of time making sure everything is as close to perfect as possible.

4. What are your areas in need of improvement?

 a. What did you do to support or improve in these areas?
At the beginning of the year, I had a tendency to get unorganized and I would get anxious whenever I had to spread work out to the other editors. Now, I've learned that organization is the key to being a successful editor and that delegation is absolutely necessary.

5. Summary
a. What did you like about the premiere on May 9th ?
I had an awesome time hanging out with my friends, eating good food, and watching our movie on the big screen.

b. What did you love most about this feature film process? 

Getting to know the other people on the film crew and seeing my own work improve as the year went on.

c. What would you change or do differently for the premiere? 

Nothing.

d. Overall take-away or learning from the making of this film? 

I am capable of editing a good movie, it just takes hard work, organization and flexibility.

e. One goal you would like to set for next year if a Junior? 

I just want to keep improving in terms of editing.

f. Thoughts of what would help our Entertainment students for next
year if you are a Senior?
n/a.

g. Final thoughts?
This was a very fun experience and I learned a lot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why You Need Your ID

❁ PhotoShop Name Animation Tutorial ❁

❁ Bouncing Ball Animation ❁