❁ "They Loved Your G.P.A. Then They Saw Your Tweets" Article Response ❁

         In the article "They Loved Your G.P.A. Then They Saw Your Tweets.", the author talks about how many students, despite having good G.P.A's, are not getting into their desired colleges because of the things they post on social media.

 This article was surprising to me, because I didn't know that schools went through students' social medias. I think that schools doing that may be violation of privacy, but I also think that it may be helpful for schools if they have a very specific type of student they want.

Some questions I have about the article is how often to students get rejected for their social media? Also, do teachers ever tell students that they look through their social media accounts?

 One quote that was said in the article is “We would have wondered about the judgment of someone who spends their time on their mobile phone and makes such awful remarks." This is an example of how colleges and schools judge their students by their social medias.

 Also, the article stated,"But had her credentials been better, those indiscreet posts could have scuttled her chances."

 This article made me think more about what I post on my social media accounts. I will probably be more careful with what I share after reading this article.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why You Need Your ID

❁ PhotoShop Name Animation Tutorial ❁

❁ Bouncing Ball Animation ❁