Commercial Reflection



My group's commercial was about dental floss. Our concept was to have a couple out on a date in the park, but the romantic atmosphere gets interrupted when the boy smiles and his teeth are filled with food. The girl then pulls out her floss and the advertisement's spiel starts. 

Early on, one of my group members proposed the idea of having a commercial that starts out beautiful and cinematic, but unexpectedly ends up being comedic. We all liked that idea and started brainstorming different ways we could achieve that effect. We eventually came up with the idea of having our product be dental floss, with a date as the main storyline. We drew up storyboards and wrote the script fairly quickly, then set up our filming schedule. I wasn't able to actually be there for filming because of work, but once I got the clips I started editing them right away. We worked together to create a romantic mood through a warm color scheme and calm country music in the background. One of the most time-consuming features of the commercial was making a VCR pause effect, because I had to watch a tutorial and download a font, but it ended up looking really good. 

My production role was as editor. along the way, I practiced matching clips to music and I learned how to create a pause effect. I also got to practice conveying emotion through editing with no dialogue, which was fun and interesting. The whole project was a great example of the five professional skills. Our communication, collaboration, and technical skills were especially well done. 

Next time, I would love to collaborate even more with my group while editing. I enjoyed it as it gave the group a chance to really feel like the video was a product of all of us. 

Our group made our commercial successful by making sure we included an emotional connection (being nervous on a date), customer trust (showing the happy ending after using it), and a call to action (buy floss picks today!) I also think that the lighting and cinematography was really good, thanks to our cinematographer, and the person who suggested the song we used had a really good idea.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why You Need Your ID

❁ PhotoShop Name Animation Tutorial ❁

❁ Bouncing Ball Animation ❁